Before Morpheus offered him the blue pill, Neo was trapped by the confines of the Matrix. He was bound to a world that wasn’t within his control and pinned to rules set up by machines. As destroyed as the real world was, it was better for Neo to exist on his own terms rather than live in a deceptive computer program.
Even if you’re not “The One”, you can find that breaking free of the traditional credit card system can make you a better card holder than you ever imagined.
The credit industry can feel very much like the Matrix at times:
- Your credit score is generated by unseen entities that calculate all of your activity into a single number.
- Then you are supposed to use that number to seek out a good credit card deal, despite the often vague upfront information provided by issuers.
- Finally, you’re expected to responsibly use the card in a way that improves your credit situation despite all the potential for failure a credit account presents.
The inescapable systematic nature of credit can make consumers feel like they are little more than a battery powering the banking industry. According to the LA Times, there are more than 383 million credit card accounts in the U.S., so the opportunity to get lost in the shuffle is fairly vast.
There is a way, however, for you to reclaim your freedom, break free of the system and manage credit on your own terms.
Welcome to the Real World
The Continental Finance Matrix Hybrid Card by Discover can be the “blue pill” that lifts you out of the machines’ reality and into the real world. This card is a blank slate and its terms are created based on your personal credit needs.
If you have good credit, you could receive an offer with low interest rates, high limits and no annual fee. If you’e struggled with credit in the past, this Hybrid Card could transform into a partially secured card that helps you regain some traction and build up credit.
A Consumer Financial Protection Bureau report on credit card complaints revealed that there is “a mismatch between consumer understanding and product function.”
If credit card customers don’t understand what they are applying for or how to use it, they’re unlikely to achieve any measure of success with the card.
There is No Spoon
When Neo went to see the oracle, he saw a boy bending spoons with his mind. As Neo attempted to do the same the boy reminded him gently that “there is no spoon” and like a rubber band, the metal utensil began to bend and twist.
All Neo had to do was embrace that in a non-existent world, his mind is what makes the elements work for him in ways he never expected.
When the card is bending to your financial will instead of the other way around, you can better manipulate your credit goals. The Hybrid Discover Card melds your existing credit with terms that make sense for your situation.
When you enter a credit card agreement that doesn’t match your credit needs, disasters begin to occur. If you’re applying for a bad credit unsecured card, when really what you need is a secured card, you could be buried under high interest rates and watch your credit score plummet further.
The Continental Finance Matrix Hybrid Card by Discover can get you out from underneath the illusion of the credit system. Build credit the right way by using a card meant for your spending habits and creditworthiness. Apply today to find out if the Hybrid Card is your ticket to the real world.
- The Continental Finance Matrix Discover® credit card accepts individuals of all credit types
- No application fees or processing fees
- Use your card at locations everywhere Discover® is accepted
- Free online account access 24/7
- Fast and easy application process; results provided in seconds
- Build positive credit by making monthly payments on time